The Philanthropy Committee is responsible for establishing a Donor program for SIM CFL
Donors are critical to SIM CFL, as a significant portion of the funding and resources for SIM CFL’s annual STEM & RLF Scholarship Awards. The Philanthropy Committee is a dynamic team that is responsible for maintaining the relationship with our current Donors and developing new Donors. The key responsibilities of this committee are:
Relationship Management with Current Donors:
- Facilitates the involvement of Donors as active SIM CFL members, speakers, hosts of special events, and underwriters of key programs
- Sends regular emails to Donors communicating upcoming key events, programs, and success stories
- Hosts periodic webinar to keep Donors in touch with SIM CFL
- Coordinates attendance of Donors at SIM CFL Holiday Party as a Sponsor Appreciation event
- Oversees the Donor renewal process
Development of New Donors:
- Handles inquiries from prospective companies; with a conference call, meeting at their location and/or invitation to attend a SIM CFL event
- Launches periodic initiatives to recruit new Donors.
- Attends Meet the Company events to recruit new Sponsors
- Monitors and tracks prospect list
- A sales or business development background is not required for this role, but committee members do need to be comfortable calling key company contacts and promoting SIM CFL in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Meeting Time and Location:
Once a month via conference call; dates and time determined by the committee.
Committee Volunteering Opportunities:
For more information contact Philanthropy