When you join SIM Central Florida, you become part of the renowned SIM organization
-- connecting you with top IT leaders across North America, including: CIOs, senior IT executives, prominent academicians, consultants, and other top IT professionals.How do you become a member?
Simply complete SIM Central Florida's online chapter application
for the Selection Committee’s consideration. Once you have submitted the application, you will be notified of the Committee’s decision within a few days.Why invest in SIM membership?
There are many other benefits to being a SIM member, such as:
- SIM Central Florida meetings and events - as a Chapter member, you'll have multiple opportunities to network, exchange information, and learn about what's new in the industry. The costs of all food, refreshments, materials and giveaways distributed at these meetings and events are paid for by your SIM Central Florida membership fee.
- Discounts to regional and national events - meet other IT executives at regional CIO events at SIM's premier annual conference, SIM Connect Live.
- Professional support - SIM's Members-In-Transition (MIT) Program is our go-to resource whether you are in transition or simply keeping an eye out for your next opportunity. The MIT Program offers top-notch resources from major search firms, tips for managing your career, and much more. SIM members can participate in the weekly conference calls and email groups where leads and advice are shared.
- Special interest working groups - our forums a powerful way to gain a professional edge through collaboration with peers across industries and geographies. The following groups are available to SIM members:
- Targeted industry insights - SIM's Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. APC research reports feature real-world case studies and applications, providing important actionable insights that are made available to all SIM members.
- Specialized journal - MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE) is a journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research that IT executives can use. This is not the theoretical stuff of academic journals, this publication grew out of the need for current, practical research. SIM members have access to the entire MISQE Reference Library, which contains a listing of all articles published since its inception in June 2002.
- Leadership development - SIM's Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
- Opportunities to give back - SIM offers an active STEM outreach program to support the future IT workforce development. Chapters have sponsored STEM initiatives from kindergarten through college. This outreach has drawn almost $200,000 in annual donations for an assortment of national programs.
- Weekly and monthly newsletters - SIM Connect tackles today's most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM News Extra is a monthly newsletter, which contains a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews and industry insights.
- Research library - the SIM online library contains information on hundreds of relevant topics gathered from a variety of sources. It is made exclusively available to SIM members. Examples include:
- White papers focused on IT thought leadership provided by SIM partners
- Submissions for the SIM Paper Awards Competition, which is SIM's annual research contest that has attracted nationally recognized researchers for several years
- Working group deliverables
- Past annual conference presentations
- Past academic workshop presentations
For additional information on SIM Central Florida membership, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org