At SIM Central Florida we firmly believe in giving back – to our community, to students and to our various fields of industry.
Over the past ten years, SIM Central Florida has reflected our commitment to give back by donating $200,000 in a variety of ways:
- STEM-related scholarships awarded to regional college and university students
- STEM-related grants and gifts to local K-12 and post-secondary institutions
- Providing vital programming and technology assistance to local elementary, middle school and high school teachers and students
- Promoting economic, social and environmental sustainability
- Tuition scholarships to SIM’s renowned RLF (Regional Leadership Forum) programs
- And more
SIM Central Florida
Outreach Application and Process
SIM Central Florida Chapter funds are awarded through a proposal process with evaluation by the SIM Central Florida Chapter Outreach Committee. All SIM Central Florida Chapter outreach candidates must submit a proposal for consideration by contacting Molly Mahoney. The SIM Central FL Chapter Outreach Committee will evaluate proposals against the Chapter’s defined metrics to award charitable donations.
Each Submittal should be no more than 3 pages and must include:
- Full legal name of proposing entity and legal status with attached documentation (501-3c, non-profit, etc.)
- Name of SIM Central Florida Chapter member who is sponsoring/recommending (if any)
- Contact name(s), address(es) and phone number(s) for proposing entity
- Executive brief – a proposal summary including the funding amount requested
- An explanation of how the funded project and/or the entity’s mission matches the SIM Central Florida Chapter’s outreach mission
- A detailed description of the project and exactly how the money will be used
- The number of individuals who will benefit
- An explanation of how, and how many, SIM Central Florida Chapter members (if any) will have the opportunity to engage in the proposed project
- The desired outcome
- Follow-up plans and commitment to reporting results back to SIM Central Florida Chapter
- Any PR or media plans related to the funding proposal that will provide potential future benefit to the proposing entity and the SIM Central Florida Chapter
Deadline: All annual funding proposals should be submitted to the SIM Central Florida Chapter no later than October 28 each year. SIM Central Florida Chapter will fund proposals for the subsequent 12 months (Jan – Dec of the upcoming year).
Should you have additional questions regarding the SIM Central FL Chapter Outreach Program, or the proposal process, please contact Molly Mahoney for further direction.