SIM Detroit Scholarship Program - 2019
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
The Board of Directors of the Society for Information Management (SIM) Detroit Chapter is thrilled to announce the third SIM Detroit 2019 STEM Scholarship Program to current high school seniors for use in a STEM-related field of study at a Michigan based four-year College or university or a two-year community college.
“We now live in a digital world and the need for STEM-based training is higher than ever. Based on our experience working with technology, SIM members understand the exciting opportunities that await those with STEM-related degrees. The SIM STEM Scholarships are our way of helping others join the excitement “said Ruthanne Largent, President of SIM Detroit.” We wish all of our applicants the best of luck in earning these scholarships towards their STEM-related degree."
Five $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students who:
- Are nearing completion, or have completed, high school and aim to pursue an undergraduate degree in a STEM-related field.
- Have achieved a minimum of a 3.5 grade average (current official transcript required).
- Have already applied to, or have been accepted into, a degree program in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math at an accredited institute of higher education in the State of Michigan.
- Complete 700-word essay on one of the topics provided in Section 12 of the application.
- Submit complete scholarship application.
- Submit a faculty letter of recommendation.
- Submit current resume.
The deadline for submitting the completed application and all supporting documentation is 4PM EST on March 31, 2019.
Check out previous winners here.