The Fairfield/Westchester Chapter of SIM is once again is sponsoring our annual University Scholarship with the winner receiving a $2500 award toward their further education. This program was established in 2014 to promote and reward academic excellence in any of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics fields of study and enable education of newer generations pursuing our profession (or those related). All qualifying members and their children are invited to apply for this scholarship.
Detailed instructions and Q&A are below:
How Much? Award Amount is $2,500 Annually
When to Submit? All applications must be received between January 1st, 2019 and January 31, 2019 11:59PM EST
How will it be announced? All applicants will be notified of the results in early April. The winning FWSIM member or parent should attend the April meeting if possible, however it is not necessary.
Who is eligible? – all below criteria must be met:
- FWSIM Member in good standing or their child (no AR balances)
- Actively enrolled college student (p/t or f/t) having:
- achieved at least 45 total college credits
- having a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Intending to pursue their first Bachelor degree in any of the areas of STEM (including MIS/computer and health sciences related).
- Applicant must not have won any other “FWSIM” awards.
How and what to submit? – all qualifying submissions must have the following 3 components:
- Application: Completed application (Application)
- Transcript: Legible and complete copy of college transcript as of December 31st , 2019 showing 45 credits and a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Essay: Attachment of 1,500-2,500 word essay on topic:
“What revolutionary technological changes do I expect to see in the next five years”.
All 3 components must be emailed to both contacts below within the submission timeframe listed above.
· FWSIM Scholarship Chair - Anna Ransley, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Chapter Administrator - Joan Tancredi, email@example.com
If the applicant does not receive an email confirmation of submission receipt from Anna Ransley, they must contact her via email and/or phone (203)794-4730 as soon as possible to correct any submissions that were filtered by spam or other filters. How is a winner selected?
- FWSIM members will evaluate and rank the essays; the award will be based upon GPA (on a 4.0 basis) and essay ranking. In case of a tie the award will be shared among the winners. What if I have more questions?
Please reach out to me via firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
FWSIM Scholarship Chair – Board of Directors