Where Do You Turn?
As a senior-level IT professional, you provide both strategic and tactical direction to your division on a daily basis. Your staff constantly turns to you for advice, answers and guidance on the various issues plaguing IT departments. What about you? Where do you turn for that knowledge exchange and sharing of best practices that stimulate the mind of a CIO?
Turn to the Society for Information Management (SIM). Since 1968, SIM has inspired the minds of the most prestigious IT leaders in the industry. Highly regarded as the premier network for IT leadership, SIM is a community of thought leaders who share experiences and rich intellectual capital, and who explore future IT direction.
What Does SIM Offer?
Recognizing the unique needs of the industry, SIM collects the intellectual capital of IT leaders nationwide and offers the resources you need to do business better, including:
- Face-to-Face meetings/networking – SIMConnect Live!, Advance Practices Council (APC) meetings, Regional Leadership Forums (RLF), chapter meetings, and CIO roundtables bring you face-to-face with other key industry executives to share knowledge and network about topics pertinent to IT leaders
- Online tools – On-demand Webinars and archived Webcasts, an online library featuring nearly 50 whitepapers, working group deliverables, past conference presentations and much more to bring best practices of other IT leaders straight to your desktop.
- Publications – SIM News, a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews, and industry insights and MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE), a quarterly online publication dedicated to publishing high quality articles, case studies and research reports.
- More Resources/Programs – SIM offers a wealth of knowledge with these resources and more. Click on the Programs tab to view all the ways SIM can help you raise the bar.
Strategic direction for the organization is provided by SIM’s elected Executive Board. SIM’s standing committees are key to developing initiatives that fulfill the strategic goals of the association. Supporting the organization and fulfilling day-to-day management responsibility is SIM’s professional staff.
Provide feedback on any SIM topic by calling 312.527.6734 or emailing us email@example.com.
Our Vision and Mission
To be recognized as the community IT leaders most prefer for acquiring vital knowledge that provides business value and enables personal development.
SIM is an association of senior IT executives, prominent academicians, selected consultants, and other IT thought leaders. Built on a foundation of local chapters, these leaders come together to share and enhance their intellectual capital for the benefit of their organizations. This is accomplished through a series of local presentations, various meetings and symposiums, a variety of publications and partnering with key knowledge leaders.
SIM members strongly believe in and champion:
- The alignment of IT and business as a valued partnership.
- The creation and sharing of best practices;
- The effective, efficient and innovative business use of information technology to continuously bring to market valuable products and services;
- IT management and leadership skills development that enables our members growth at each stage of their career;
- The replenishment and education of future IT leaders including a strong role in influencing university curriculums and continuing education;
- Working with the IT industry to shape its direction;
- Policies and legislation that stimulate innovation, economic development, healthy competition and IT job creation;
- Serving our communities and the industry through giving and outreach.