2021 Completed Events
- Dec. 14 - SIM NY Holiday Networking Event (VIRTUAL)
- Dec. 7- HMG Live! CIO Summit of America (In-Person)
- Nov. 15-17 - SIM National Executive Retreat - Amelia Island, Florida
- Nov. 11 - HMG Strategy/ Greenwich CIO Executive Leadership Summit
- Nov. 2-8 - SIM Give Back Week
- Nov. 2 - Evanta NY CIO Executive Summit
- Oct. 27 - Third Party Risk in a Pandemic: Everything You Need to Know
- Oct. 25 - HMG Live! Global Women in Technology Summit (Virtual Event)
- Oct. 20 - New York Cybersecurity Summit
- Oct. 14 - Tech in Pink, International Breast Cancer Awareness Health Campaign
- Sep. 30 - Strategies For Communicating Cybersecurity To Executive Leadership
- Sep. 29 - SIM Women Seminar - Connected Leadership
- Sep. 22 - Evanta NY CIO Virtual Board Room Discussion
- Sep. 14 - Virtual event with 4THBin on eWaste
- Aug. 19 - SIM CxO Series with Dino Robusto, Chairman and CEO of CNA
- Aug. 13 - ITSMF and SIM - (Un)Common Ground Session 2
- July 29 - SIM NY Virtual Networking & Bourbon Tasting Event *Members Only Event*
- July 22 - HMG Live's CISO Executive Leadership Summit
- July 22 - SIM National Vendor Member Webinar: Institute for the Future's Foresight Fundamentals
- July 9 - SIM National & Info-Tech: Uncover the Key to Developing Effective Data Management Strategy
- June 30 - HMG Live – Financial Services CIO Summit
- June 30 - SIM Women Webinar “Women Helping Women”, Speaker Holly Teska
- June 24 - HMG Live-NY Global Innovation Summit
- June 23 - Security Spotlight – “Lessons from Equifax”, Speaker Graeme Payne
- June 3 - Evanta NY CIO Virtual Executive Summit
- May 26 - Tech Upgrade at the MTA and the Role of the Deputy CTO, Speakers Rafail Portnoy and Marge Ginsburg
- May 26 - SIM Women Webinar
- May 6 - HMG Live- NY’s CISO Executive Leadership
- April 28 - “How to Get from Here to There- A Healthcare Innovation story”, Speaker Claus T. Jensen
- April 20 - SIM Women Leadership Summit
- April 16 - SIM National IT Trends Series: Business Strategy of AI, Machine Learning & Analytics
- April 13 - HMG Live! Women in Technology Summit
- March 31 - SIM Women Webinar- Passion & Purpose
- March 25 - HMG’s CIO Summit of America
- March 11 - SIMNY- Under the Hood of a Real-Life Ransomware Attack
- February 24 - SIMNY- Demystifying Document Processing
- February 18 - Women in IT Panel Discussion
- February 17 -Expert Perspectives- What you need to know about Third Party Cyber Risk
- January 27 - SIMNY- Tech Trends 2021: The Regenerative Enterprise
- January 27 - SIM Women- Good Culture: How to Build Within your Distributed Workforce
SIM Virtual Bourbon Tasting and Networking Event (Members-only event)
July 29, 2021
SIMNY chapter members enjoyed a fun evening of "libations, learning and laughter" at this Bourbon tasting & virtual networking event!
Keith Barros, an Executive Bourbon Steward certified by the Stave & Thief Society and who also happens to be Senior Information Security Director on the side led the event. Members sampled some American whisky and bourbon and explored myths and interesting some facts about each.
As members sampled, they learned how to properly taste bourbon, what aromas and notes are recognized, the effects of rye vs. corn vs. barley in the mash and the role of oak in the fermenting process as well as color, the proofs, the marketing spins and even some Kentucky bourbon history and the key distilleries.
Overall, a very fun experience was had by all and members are looking forward to the next tasting event!
Moving the Technology Department to Center Stage thru Enhanced Customer Experiences
January 29, 2020
Robert Galvin is the Chief Technology Officer for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which builds, operates, and maintains the airports, rail, bridges, and tunnels between the two states, as well as seaport facilities, and the 16-acre World Trade Center site.
While at Port Authority, Robert deployed mobile apps for PATH, the Port Authority Bus Terminal, and mobile websites JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark airports, worked with the Chief Security Officer to develop and implement an agency-wide Cybersecurity program and begun moving the organization to a secured cloud environment.
For his work at Port Authority, Robert recently received CIO 100 Award for Leadership and Innovation
Prior to joining the Port Authority, Mr. Galvin was CTO of the NYC School Construction Authority, where he reorganized the Technology Department and modernized their enterprise applications by deploying data warehousing, cloud, and mobile technologies.
Mr. Galvin has over 25 years’ experience in both public and private sectors, and mentors graduate students at Columbia University seeking degrees in Technology Management. He holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree from Central Michigan University, majoring in Management Information Systems.
Trade Winds and Economic Policy - How Recession Prone is the Economy ?
September 25, 2019
The current economic expansion is the longest on record, and questions have been raised about how long it will continue. Dr. Heil will be outlining the outlook for the US economy in the medium and long term. He will address the current path of monetary and fiscal policy in light of how consumers and businesses have responded to some of the recent policy changes. In addition, Dr. Heil will identify the most critical factors affecting the regional economy in New York and New Jersey and how employment dynamics will be shaping the metro area in the future
The Pitfalls of The Cloud
May 22, 2019
Tony DiLoreto, Professional Services Cloud Consultant from Google discussed the economics of the cloud. Many IT management professionals have found themselves with escalating costs and heightened security concerns as it relates to their evolving cloud environment. This engaging discussion focused on best practices for cloud system and cost management.