The Society for Information Management (SIM) is the largest National technology leadership organization in the US that provides Programs, Events, Employee Development, and Networking for members. The San Francisco Bay Area chapter is unique, in that we focus on how applying Emerging Technology can impact Strategic Business Initiatives at the Board and C-level; like increasing sales, and improving customer experience, and employee satisfaction. We deliver quality programs with industry-leading speakers and networking opportunities each month.
We are committed to a membership that is 90% Senior Technology Leaders and those who report directly to them, with limited and selective vendor memberships and participation fostering an environment to collaborate and speak openly at a peer level.
We recognize there are many options to choose from in Silicon Valley; here are 10 great reasons to consider SIM in the Bay Area:
- Our chapter focuses on applied technology providing you with real-world peer experience and their roadmaps to successfully deploy emerging technology solutions that are changing the way we do business today. Network with peers who have successfully deployed these products and services, avoid potential pitfalls and know the results you can expect Before you and your company make these investments.
- Once you join, we provide you with a local and national network of your peers. Your next project or job opportunity may require resources that are out of this area, and SIM can help you make warm connections here and in other parts of the country as well.
- We are still in the “development stage” of building this chapter which represents a ground-floor opportunity for you. Members get to shape this chapter into what they want it to be, versus trying to fit into what others designed years or decades ago.
- SIM Women is a national network within the SIM National organization we leverage to promote communication, mentorship, leadership, and career development among female members of SIM.
- The SIM Regional Leadership Forum and Executive RLF are national leadership development programs locally delivered that focuses on developing your most gifted employees into authentic business leaders.
- Academic thought leadership is another SIM core value that facilitates bi-directional networking for thought leadership between local and national institutions and technology practitioners.
- Shared Best Practices through secure networking channels and annual best practices summits.
- Members in Transition (MIT) is another local and national program that supports members through career transitional periods with executive coaching and dozens of potential job-leads.
- Info-Tech Research Group produces unbiased and highly relevant research to help CIOs and IT leaders make strategic, timely, and well-informed decisions. Partnering closely with us at National and across our Chapters, they provide our SIM community everything from actionable tools to analyst guidance as an additional member benefit. Coming in In 2021, with your feedback, San Francisco Bay Area SIM Chapter will further benefit from tailored content that is pertinent to our member base!
- Giving back through STEM grants is a SIM hallmark. The SIM Foundation has been set up as a philanthropic organization that currently has two overarching objectives; giving back to organizations with a national presence and enabling chapters to utilize the benefits of a 501(c)(3) organization.
The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is leading the way again by directing a portion of your membership dues in a give-back with immediate benefit to our local community. Every membership and membership renewal will subsidize 1 teacher and up to 150 students with the following:
- Five hours of professional development for the teacher that teaches them how to run a virtual classroom while keeping their students engaged.
- Twelve STEM projects, packaged in streaming format, targeting youth ages 7-14, to incorporate into their curriculum, that is NGSS-certified to supplement and contextualize their curriculum.
- A Global Platform for participating Teachers and Students to participate in global competition that tracks their progress, inspires kids to be self-directed, and have fun!
Your San Francisco Bay Area Chapter membership has an exponential impact on our local community! Join now and enable thousands of Bay Area kids with STEM project-based education. Make the SIM San Francisco Bay Area Chapter your go-to professional networking group and build a lifetime of valuable relationships.