We are excited to announce that our very own Elizabeth Decker has been recognized by SIM National as one of the Chapter Leaders of the Year! Elizabeth has had a profound and lasting impact on the South Florida SIM Chapter, in a year that can only be described as challenging and anything, but normal. Here are just a few of the contributions Elizabeth has made:
- Rebuilt the Chapter Board while maintaining value for Chapter members
- Increased awareness of the South Florida Chapter locally and nationally by partnering with other Florida Chapters and holding programs and workshops with other local professional organizations
- Launched SIM Women
- In partnership with ISACA, Palm Beach Tech and Venture Café Miami, successfully planned and delivered a two-day workshop on Diversity
- Participated as an invited panelist at a Palm Beach Tech Association event
Through Elizabeth’s leadership, dedication and effort, she has increased awareness of the South Florida Chapter and positioned it for continued growth and success.
The SIM Leader of the Year Award recognizes members who contributed to the growth, advancement, and excellence of SIM at the chapter level. Four recipients out of 14 nominees, were chosen by a panel of six judges and will be formally recognized at SIM Connect Live on December 15th. Learn more at WWW.SIMCONNECTLIVE.COM.
This year’s SIM Chapter Leaders of the Year are:
- Elizabeth Decker, South Florida
- Cindy McKenzie, Southern California
- Matt Nerney, Boston
- Robert Jones, Charlotte
Congratulations to Elizabeth and the other 2019 SIM Chapter Leaders of the Year!