SIM Atlanta Fellowships
About SIM & SIM Atlanta
The Society for Information Management (SIM) is an eclectic community of senior Information Technology (IT) executives, prominent academicians, selected consultants and other IT thought leaders. It is a non-profit organization with over 30 chapters in the United States and Canada. It distinguishes itself through its extensive knowledge generation and dissemination programs. SIM offers networking opportunities at the local and national level, access to cutting edge research, arich online knowledge repository, and leadership training and development programs. SIM Chapters engage in a variety of philanthropic and outreach activities to serve the local communities. To learn more about SIM and membership opportunities please visit our site.
1. To recognize and reward outstanding students in Management Information Systems (MIS) or related fields such as Computer Science.
2. To provide opportunities to interact with IT leaders and their teams.
Award Details & Expectations
1. A stipend of $1000 will be awarded to each selected SIM Atlanta Fellow.
2. No more than two fellowships will be awarded to students of any one educational institution.
3. Each of the SIM Atlanta fellows will be recognized with an award/plaque commemorating the achievement at a SIM event.
4. Each fellow will be expected to attend and assist with Fall and/or Spring lunch meetings and
Fellowship Eligibility & Selection Process
1. The fellowship will be awarded to a junior majoring in Management Information Systems or related fields such as Computer Science.
2. Only students of institutions who are SIM Atlanta academic members or whose faculty holds individual SIM Atlanta membership will be considered eligible for this award.
3. The respective member institutions can submit up to two nominations. A letter of support (preferably from the Department Head) and a resume must accompany each nomination. The documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th.
4. The award decisions will be communicated by March 30th.