Welcome to the Central Connecticut Chapter of SIM!
The Chapter strives to strengthen professional communications among members who direct the application of information technology in private and public organizations. Chapter activities include:
- Meeting to share innovative ideas and real world experiences which address enterprise information needs. We have excellent speakers both from our membership, and bring in industry executives and subject matter experts from many sources.
- Providing presentations by leading national information-management professionals and executives who benefit from management-information systems.
- Challenging our comfort levels by exchanging ideas with peers and business counterparts.
- Being a resource for each other, and personal networking.
Every year SIM Central CT gives back to the community by
- Providing Scholarships to future IT leaders
- Holding Programs at local universities to prepare graduates for the IT world they are about to enter
- Coaching and mentoring High School students interested in STEM careers
Thanks to the profits from our golf tournament SIM Central CT is able to continue providing support for the next generation of IT leaders. During the CIO Forum, two students were awarded a $1000 for school supplies and $2000/year scholarships that are renewable as long as they are in good standing and majoring in an IT-related field.