The Rino Nori High School Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity tailored for high school students who have recently completed either 11th or 12th grade. It provides exceptional students with a platform to showcase their achievements and pursue their academic aspirations. To be considered, applicants must meet the qualifications outlined below and submit a captivating essay on a technology-related topic. Applications are accepted annually in July, and award notifications typically occur in September/October.
This scholarship offers a unique opportunity for passionate students to demonstrate their knowledge and dedication to STEM while getting assistance in pursuing their academic goals.
How Much? Award Amount is $2,500 Annually
Who is eligible? The following criteria must be met:
- A child of current FWSIM Member in good standing (no AR balances)
- Completed 11th or 12th grade in High School in the year of the award and is higher education
- Applicant must not have previously won this FWSIM award
When is the submission window? Annually in the month of July.
How and what to submit? All qualifying submissions must have the following 3 components:
- Application: Completed application (2023 FWSIM HS Scholarship Application)
- Transcript: Legible and complete copy of high school transcript as graduation showing a GPA. If the GPA is not standard (0-100, F-A, 0-4.0) please provide an explanation of grading and if available official high school description of grading methodology.
- Essay: Attachment of 1,500-2,500 word essay on topic:
“From Classroom to Career: Describe and analyze the skills and learning strategies you would employ to position yourself as a competitive candidate for a promising STEM career path that may not yet exist or is vastly different than today. Identify the key characteristics and behaviors of effective leaders of the future in the Intelligence era. Describe how you have personally exhibited these characteristics both in and out of school and how you plan to prepare yourself for the unknown.”
All three required components must be emailed to Anna Ransley, FWSIM Scholarship Chair (email@example.com) within the submission timeframe listed above, with a cc to the sponsoring FWSIM member.
If the applicant does not receive an email confirmation of submission receipt, they must contact Anna as soon as possible to prevent submissions from being filtered by spam or other filters.
How are the winners selected? FWSIM members will evaluate and rank the essays; the awards will be based upon GPA (on a 4.0 basis) and essay rankings. In case of a tie the respective award will be shared amongst the winners.
What if I have more questions? Please reach out to me via anna.@ranetix.com if you have any questions.