Designed exclusively for actively enrolled college students who fulfill the below criteria and provide evidence of eligibility. To apply, students are required to submit an engaging essay on a compelling technology topic. Applications are accepted annually in January, and award notifications typically occur in April/May.
This scholarship represents a remarkable chance to be recognized for your dedication and passion for technology, while gaining exposure to senior IT leaders in the process.
How Much? Award Amount is $2,500 Annually
Who is eligible?– all of below criteria must be met:
- FWSIM Member in good standing or their child (no AR balances)
- Actively enrolled college student having achieved at least 45 total college credits, and pursuing their first Bachelor degree in any of the areas of STEM (including MIS/computer related).
- Applicant must not have won this “FWSIM” award
When is the submission window? Annually in the month of January.
How and what to submit? All qualifying submissions must have the following 3 components:
- Application: Completed application (2023 FWSIM University Scholarship Application)
- Transcript: Legible and complete copy of college transcript as of December 31 showing a cumulative GPA
- Essay: Attachment of 1,500-2,500 word essay on the below topic:
“What inspires you about technology or other STEM disciplines and its potential to impact our society? Describe how you have personally demonstrated your passion for this both in and out of school.”
All three required components must be emailed to Anna Ransley, FWSIM Scholarship Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the submission timeframe listed above, with a cc to the sponsoring FWSIM member.
If the applicant does not receive an email confirmation of submission receipt, they must contact Anna as soon as possible to prevent submissions from being filtered by spam or other filters.
How are the winners selected? FWSIM members will evaluate and rank the essays; the awards will be based upon GPA (on a 4.0 basis) and essay rankings. In case of a tie the respective award will be shared amongst the winners.
What if I have more questions? Please reach out to me via anna.@ranetix.com if you have any questions.