Have a recent high school graduate bound for further education? FWSIM again is sponsoring our annual High School Scholarship with the winner receiving a $2500 award toward their further education.
This scholarship is yet another a member benefit and at the same time promotes the engagement and interest of the next generation in technology, its potential, and our profession overall. We are actively working on making the overall program more relevant and beneficial, and are already incorporating some changes with more to come! If you have ideas on how it can improve further, let me know!
Detailed instructions and Q&A are below:
How Much? Award Amount is $2,500 Annually
When to Submit? All applications must be received between July 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020 EST
How will it be announced? All applicants will be notified of the results in early October. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
Who is eligible? The following criteria must be met:
- A child of current FWSIM Member in good standing (no AR balances)
- Graduated High School in the year of the award and is pursuing continuing education
- Applicant must not have previously won this FWSIM award
How and what to submit? All qualifying submissions must have the following 3 components:
- Application: Completed application (Click here to download form)
- Transcript: Legible and complete copy of high school transcript as graduation showing a GPA. If the GPA is not standard (0-100, F-A, 0-4.0) please provide an explanation of grading and if available official high school description of grading methodology.
- Essay: Attachment of 1,500-2,500 word essay on topic:
“What inspires you about technology or other STEM disciplines and its potential to impact our society? Describe how you have personally demonstrated your passion for this both in and out of school.”
All 3 components must be emailed to both contacts below within the submission timeframe listed above.
If the applicant does not receive an email confirmation of submission receipt, they must contact Anna via email or phone (203)794-4730 as soon as possible to prevent submissions from being filtered by spam or other filters.
How is a winner selected? - FWSIM members will evaluate and rank the essays; the award will be based upon GPA (on a 4.0 basis) and essay ranking. In case of a tie the award will be shared among the winners.
What if I have more questions? Please reach out to me via email@example.com if you have any questions.
FWSIM Scholarship Chair – Board of Directors