SIM Tampa Bay provides a unique opportunity to interact with thought leaders throughout the technology and business fields and to join peers in giving back to the industry and community.
Local to Tampa Bay
- Networking with Tampa Bay senior IT executives from industry, government, non-profit, and academic sectors.
- Invitation to a variety of local events that are scheduled from September through July that feature nationally recognized thought leaders, chosen to challenge and expand your understanding of how technology can address challenging business issues. The events focus on real world experiences, insights from industry pundits, academic research, technology innovation, and the impact of technology on the community.
- Invitations to social events, that are geared to just have fun and relax with your peers.
- Philanthropic opportunities for selected charities through our annual golf tournament and other social events.
- Opportunity to contribute to dialog between educators and industry leaders regarding future staffing needs in the technology field (underprivileged young adults, local middle and high schools, and universities).
- Participation, if qualified, in CIO-only sponsored events to expand your reach with other senior leaders.
- Invitations and discounts to other technology programs offered by our partners and friends in the Tampa Bay area. .
In addition to all of the local benefits, you also become part of the national organization
National Benefits Include:
- Access to SIM meetings in other cities- with 42 SIM chapters, members around the country have multiple opportunities to network, exchange information, and learn about what's new in the industry.
- Discounts to regional and national events- meet other IT executives at a regional CIO Forums
- Special interest working groups- our forums a powerful way to gain a professional edge through collaboration with peers across industries and geographies. The following groups are available to SIM members:
- Targeted industry insights- SIM's Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. APC research reports feature real-world case studies and applications, providing important actionable insights that are made available to all SIM members.
- Leadership development- SIM's Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
- Weekly and monthly newsletters - SIM Connect tackles today's most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM News Extra is a monthly newsletter, which contains a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews and industry insights.
- IT Trends Study - Each year, SIM conducts a survey of its members to gauge trends within our industry. The responses from our experienced membership helps to benchmark various areas within the IT industry such as major issues, technologies, sourcing, CIO roles, staffing, spending, and salaries. The valuable survey input allows SIM to speak with a unified voice for our members, who are among the most accomplished and innovative leaders in the industry.
IT Trends is widely recognized as one of the most representative barometers of the information technology industry, and has been featured in major business and IT media as well as academic publications.
Professional support - SIM's Members-In-Transition (MIT) Program is our go-to resource whether you are in transition or simply keeping an eye out for your next opportunity. The MIT Program offers top-notch resources from major search firms, tips for managing your career, and much more. SIM members can participate in the weekly conference calls and email groups where leads and advice are shared.
For additional information on membership, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org