SIM Tampa Bay is focused on assisting our Members in attracting, retaining and engaging employees. Tampa Bay is one of the fastest growing regions in the country, this growth is putting a strain on finding and keeping IT talent.
Our Members look to fill their talent needs in five (5) ways:
- Hire from the competition - good short term strategy, but not sustainable in the long run
- Relocate - expensive and time consuming
- Supplemental Staffing - excellent for short term needs, but may not work for the long run
- Retrain Current Employees - excellent way to keep employees skills current and drive engagement
- Build a Farm Team - work with local colleges and universities to develop a continuous pipeline of talent
We are lucky to have several colleges and universities in Tampa Bay to address the last two approaches.