SIM Detroit offers senior-level IT leaders the unique experience of networking with peers in their own region via educational, networking, and other special events throughout the year. An active philanthropic effort engages with various local charitable and educational organizations through volunteerism and other support.
The Chapter strives to strengthen professional communications among members who direct and lead information technology in private and public organizations. Chapter activities include:
- Meeting to share innovative ideas and real-world experiences which address enterprise information needs. We have excellent speakers from our membership, industry executives and subject matter experts from many sources.
- Networking with peers and other IT professionals in the local chapter, and with SIM International.
- Tours of member facilities to observe, first hand, excellent uses of Technology in the metro Detroit area.
- Social activities to enhance member relationships, such as our popular annual Golf and Holiday events.
- Volunteer activities to support local non-profit and educational institutions.
Common topics of discussion include:
- Considerations of the purpose, nature, form, and structure of information technology systems as they relate to the needs of the enterprise
- Applications of IT, both proven and prospective, primarily in connection with their significance to executive management performance
- Rapidly advancing IT
- Financial, management, and personnel topics relevant to the membership