Welcome to the Minnesota Chapter of SIM...The Society for Information Management!
SIM Minnesota Chapter
For more than 25 years, the SIM Minnesota chapter has been the organization of choice for IT executives in Minnesota. Membership includes CIOs, CTOs and IT leaders, as well as consultants and academics from top Twin Cities and outstate business and institutions. The chapter has several meetings each year that feature both business and technology experts. These meetings provide tremendous opportunities for peer networking and valuable connections to the Minnesota IT community.
SIM Minnesota improves the practice of IT Leadership in Minnesota through:
- The dissemination and exchange of unbiased information
- Development of IT Leadership skills
- The enablement and transition of future IT Leaders
- Serving our communities and industry through giving and outreach
- The Minnesota technology community is thriving as a result of SIM's efforts
- Members leverage a network of colleagues for ideas and advice in their daily business decisions
- Members give back to the community by developing future leaders
- SIM is the organization of choice for IT Leaders
General Meeting Format
The Minnesota Chapter events are held virtually on the third Thursday of the month in the afternoons beginning at 4:00 pm. Each meeting features a professional speaker or panel of experts discussing topics recommended by membership. SIM National meetings and regional SIM chapter meetings are available to SIM Minnesota members. Networking time is available during these meetings.
Executive Committee (EC) Members serve one year terms as specified in the SIM Chapter By-Laws. The EC serves as the Board Of Directors of the Chapter and is the governing authority of the Chapter. The property, business and affairs of the Chapter is managed by the EC.