Joining SIM connects you with top IT leaders in the industry, including: CIOs, senior IT executives, prominent academicians, consultants, and other top IT professionals.
Why invest in membership? There are many other benefits to being a SIM member, such as:
- Local meetings and networking – We meet 8 times a year. The meetings consist of a speaker/panel on a current and relevant topic followed by networking with drinks and appetizers. With 43 SIM chapters, members around the country have multiple opportunities to network, exchange information, and learn about what's new in the industry.
- Discounts to regional and national event - Meet other IT executives at a regional CIO Forum or at SIM's premier annual event SIM Connect Live.
- Local IT Leadership Conference – Our members receive a free pass to a local CIO Executive Leadership conference
- Targeted industry insights - SIM's Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. APC research reports feature real-world case studies and applications, providing important actionable insights that are made available to all SIM members.
- Leadership development - SIM's Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
- Opportunities to give back - SIM offers an active STEM outreach program to support the future IT workforce development. Chapters have sponsored STEM initiatives from kindergarten through college. This outreach has drawn almost $200,000 in annual donations for an assortment of national programs. SIM MN is partnering with Target and other companies/associations to provide local opportunities.
- Subscription to SIM's weekly newsletter - SIM Connect tackles today's most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM Connect keeps professionals informed of topics that impact the daily operation of their business. Access to the archives is also available with SIM membership.
For additional information on membership, contact either: