SIM Portland is a local chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM) for top IT executives in Oregon and SW Washington. Members include senior information technology executives from private and public industry organizations, government agencies, and universities. Members meet monthly (September through June) to hear presentations by top practitioners, industry leaders, and nationally recognized experts in information systems and management practices.
SIM is the premier professional membership association for the world’s top IT leaders. The SIM Portland offers CIOs and other IT leaders several opportunities for professional and personal growth, including:
- Giving back to the community through scholarships, mentorship, community involvement initiatives, and educational programs.
- Networking with contemporaries, business executives, technology experts, and community leaders.
- Providing opportunities to leading various committee as well as to present or lead discussions at our meetings and two all-day conferences.
- Training and career development through SIM's renowned Regional Leadership Program (RLF) and Executive Regional Leadership Programs(E-RLF)
- Mentorship or mentee opportunities through our 10-month coaching program that pairs mentors and mentees